According to Grace Walker, PT, DPT, OTD, TMJ is as prevalent as it is painful, and unfortunately, a lot of people do not know how to properly handle the pain. Well there’s good news! Here at Walker Physical Therapy & Pain Center, we offer TMJ pain relief treatment programs. Oral surgeons countywide refer their patients here for our innovative and effective treatment for TMJ.
1. Learn relaxation techniques to help loosen the jaw and the rest of your body.
2. Have your nutrient levels checked.
3. Relax your facial muscles throughout the day.
4. Drink plenty of water and get ample sleep.
5. Take plenty of vitamins.
6. Apply warm compression on the face for twenty minutes daily.
1. Eat hard and chewy foods like nuts and steak.
2. Chew gum.
3. Make extreme jaw movements such as wide yawning or loud singing.
At Walker Physical Therapy, we have been treating jaw pain (T.M.J., T.M.D) patients for over 20 years. Our therapists thoroughly evaluate each person to identify if the pain is coming from the jaw joint and to treat the root cause of the pain. We work closely with healthcare providers to create a fast and effective program to help each patient recover.
“I had no hope that my TMJ could be helped. I was pleased to find that Walker Physical Therapy had a procedure to address TMJ. I was elated to experience actual relief and improvement after a short course of treatments. My therapist is a miracle worker! Everyone involved has been interested, helpful and pleasant to work with. Thank you to all.” ~Caroline L.
Contact us today for TMJ pain relief at (714) 997-5518