Post-Operative Back Treatment at Walker Physical Therapy
Physical Therapy is a key aspect of recovery after surgery
Grace Walker Physical Therapist states: “By increasing the muscle function and range of motion of post-operative back patients, we can promote a healthier recovery and minimize potential problems down the road. When we treat a body part it is important that we assess and evaluate the surrounding body parts to ensure maximum function and recovery.”
Post-Operative Program Consists of:
- Core strengthening which targets deep trunk muscles to aid in stability.
- Resistance exercise to increase functional movement.
- Cardiovascular training to rebuild stamina which has been shown to reduce pain incidence.
- Mobility and flexibility to overcome tension with gentle stretching and soft tissue mobilization.
- KTape for inflammation, pain, and muscle recruitment.
- 830 Cold Laser