TMJ is as prevalent as it is painful, and unfortunately, a lot of people do not know how to properly handle the pain. Good news! Here at Walker Physical Therapy, we offer treatment programs for TMJ. Oral surgeons countywide refer their patients here for our innovative and effective treatment for TMJ.
Below are a few DO’S and DON’TS that you can share with your patients to help relieve the pain of TMJ.
1. Learn relaxation techniques to help loosen the jaw and the rest of your body.
2. Have your nutrient levels checked.
3. Relax your facial muscles throughout the day.
4. Drink plenty of water and get ample sleep.
5. Take plenty of vitamins.
6. Apply warm compresses on the face for twenty minutes daily.
1. Eat hard and chewy foods like nuts and steak.
2. Chew gum.
3. Make extreme jaw movements such as wide yawning or loud singing.
Dr. Grace L. Walker, DPT, PT, OTD, OTR/L
1111 W. Town & Country Rd.St. 1