Shopping Tips From Grace Walker and Santa Claus!
Ho, Ho, Ho! Happy Holidays! The North Pole sure is busy with toy making and Holiday shopping.
Santa’s elves like to make all the toys but he likes to do some Holiday shopping as well. Last year, all the shopping caused him some pain, especially on his back! This year he got some excellent tips from Walker Physical Therapy and Pain Center. Now he knows how to avoid back pain when he does his Holiday shopping this year.
Some Shopping Tips from Grace Walker, Physical & Occupational Therapist and Nutritionist:
- Distribute the weight of shopping bags equally on both sides of your body.
- Consider using a fanny pack or small back pack.
- Wear comfortable shoes; carrying packages while wearing high heels on hard surfaces can contribute to foot and ankle injuries.
- Don’t lug overstuffed shopping bags for extended periods.
- Test an object’s weight before you lift it by pushing with your foot
- If an object is too heavy for you to lift, then ask someone for help
DO’S AND DON’TS FOR BACK PAIN:
- DO use ice 20-30 minutes before bed.
- DO pull your belly button into your spine (iso-abs) and breathe.
- DO this with all exertion.
- DON’T twist while holding something in your arms.
- DON’T bend at the waist, squat in instead.
- DON’T hold your breath while exerting force.
Call Walker Physical Therapy & Pain Center to schedule an appointment with an expert physical therapist today!!
1111 W. Town & Country Rd. Ste. 1
Orange, CA 92868