TMJ and Jaw Pain: Do’s and Don’ts
Grace Walker, physical & occupational therapist and nutritionist says: “We are physical therapy experts in providing effective TMJ & Jaw pain relief.”
Here is what you should and shouldn’t do if you have jaw pain:
- DO use hot pack or ice pack before bed
- DO use chin under fist when yawning or coughing
- DO use correct posture
- DON’T chew gum, ice, or tough, crunchy foods like steak
- DON’T rest your chin/cheek in the palm of your hand when sitting or lying on one side
- DON’T eat, read, or watch TV in bed
- DON’T clench your teeth when tense, jogging, or sleeping etc.
- DON’T lick your teeth with your tongue, bite your nails or lips, lick your lips, or bite or suck your cheeks
- DON’T talk or sing for prolonged periods of time
Call Walker Physical Therapy & Pain Center to schedule an appointment with an EXPERT physical therapist.
1111 W. Town & Country Rd. Ste. 1
Orange, CA 92868