Walker Physical Therapy and Pain Center proudly treat patients suffering from jaw and TMJ (TMD) injuries, joint and muscles pains, degenerative conditions, myofascial pain, teeth grinding sprains, strains, fractures of jaw and teeth, and those preparing for and recovering from surgery. Common surgical procedures include arthrocentesis, arthroscopy, corrective jaw surgery to malocclusion, and surgery to repair trauma. We have a team of expert physical therapists who pride themselves on getting positive results with patients through individualized care and “hands-on” physical therapy. We have successfully rehabilitated acute and chronic injuries, ranging from work and auto accidents to overuse injuries.
Some obvious symptoms that indicate TMJ are…
• Jaw locking opened or closed
• Uncontrollable jaw or tongue movements
• Clicking, popping jaw joints
• Clenching or grinding at night
• Grating sounds
• Inability to open the jaw smoothly or evenly
• Jaw deviates to one side when opening
• Inability to “find bite” with teeth
• Limited opening
• Frequent, migraine type headaches
• Extreme pain in cheek muscles
• Discomfort or pain to any of these areas
Here is the 6 part proven process that assures we deliver and bring documented relief for chronic, acute TMJ patients who report massive improvement by the end of the second session.
1. We’ve been in practice since December 1982, and have successfully treated over nine hundred TMJ cases.
2. We address the stress and emotional components with relaxation and breathing exercises.
3. Our techniques utilize hands-on methods which develops the rapport, trust and healing of our patients.
4. We have pure experience with patients from myofacial pain to post- operative and post-ballooning conditions.
5. Our physical therapists have had extensive, advanced training in solely TMJ methods.
6. Prevention is key with general conditioning exercises, and posture re-education.
“I had no hope that my TMJ could be helped. I was pleased to find that Walker Physical Therapy had a procedure to address TMJ. I was elated to experience actual relief and improvement after a short course of treatments. Everyone involved has been interested, helpful and pleasant to work with. Thank you to all.”